Dietitians Promote Health Through Food and Nutrition
Why should you consult a Dietitian?
Dietitians translate scientific research into practical solutions. They work with you to help you feel your best.
Dietitians can provide:
- Tips and healthy recipes to help you plan, shop for and cook healthy meals for your family.
- Information to help you interpret food labels, the latest food trends and diets.
- Support to improve your relationship with food.
- Customized meal plans to help you:
- manage your weight, food allergies and intolerances or digestive issues
- prevent and manage chronic disease like diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer and kidney disease
- Individualized counselling on how to feed your baby, a “picky eater” or an active teenager.
- Advice on whether your need a vitamin or mineral supplement based on your health needs.
To find a dietitian in your area: Malaysia Dietitians’ Association
Adapted from Dietitians of Canada