Easter Nests are classic treat for Spring and the best thing about them is how easy they are to make, perfect recipe to involve your kids in the kitchen. I am using Shredded Wheat instead of Rice Krispies or Corn Flakes.
All you need to do is melt a little chocolate and mix with Shredded Wheat, and leave to set, super simple !!
It is such a great fun to make with kids and decorated with mini chocolate eggs. The kids are going to love making these tasty and healthy treats for Easter every year.
- 1 cup of Dark chocolate or Milk chocolate
- 2 cups of Shredded wheat, crushed
- 1 small bag Mini chocolate eggs
- 12-18 Cupcake cases
- Crumble the shredded wheat into a bowl to break in into small pieces.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a small bowl placed over a pan of barely simmering water. Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl or the chocolate will go grainy.
- When all the chocolates are melted, remove the bowl from the heat and pour over the shredded wheat, stir well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 cupcake cases. Using the back of a teaspoon to push the middle of each nest down to make a little "hollow" or "nest".
- Place 3 mini chocolate eggs on top of each nest.
- Chill the nests in the fridge for 2 hours until set.
Recipe adapted from BBC Good Food.